July 23 – Sept 25, 2016
Gallery Exhibition: Journeys Through Light and Dark: Dolls as Tellers of Stories
Doll exhibition, workshops and more at the Petaluma Arts Center. Curated by Geri Olson and Sherri Morgan. The dolls, from 6 inches to 4 feet high, are created from a wide range of media, including metal, porcelain, polymer, wire, paper, cloth, wood and combinations of innovative materials. Some were several years in the making.
Opening artists reception July 23, 5 pm.
Exhibit events include:
- “Three Muses: Elinor Peace Bailey, Barbara Willis, Anne Klocko” from noon to 1 p.m. Aug. 13, followed by an indoor and outdoor trunk show.
- Curator tour with Sherri Morgan and Geri Olson at 7 p.m. Aug. 19.
- Stephanie Blythe, “The Dolls of NIADA (National Institute of American Doll Artists)” at noon Aug. 27.
- Performance with Sha Sha Higby at 8 p.m. Sept. 9 at St. John Episcopal Church, 40 Fifth St., Petaluma.
- Toby Froud Rod Puppet Workshop, July 23 – 24, 2016, 9am-5pm
- Fabric Doll Workshop with Christine Shively, August 20 – 21, 2016, 9am – 4:30pm
- The Sculptural Character with Kate Church, September 23 – 25, 2016, 9am-5pm.
Gallery hours: Thurs-Mon, 11am-5pm; closed Tues, Wed and holidays.
Admission to the Petaluma Arts Center is $5 general; $4 senior, student, teacher, military.
Petaluma Arts Center
230 Lakeville Street
Petaluma, CA, 94952
find out more
Event info and workshop listing.
An article about the exhibition written by The Press Democrat.
This information is offered as a service to the community of miniature enthusiasts. If you know of a miniature related event or have information/photos to share, please contact the N.A.M.E. N2 Region Webmaster.