July 23 – Sept 25, 2016
Gallery Exhibition: Journeys Through Light and Dark: Dolls as Tellers of Stories
Doll exhibition, workshops and more at the Petaluma Arts Center. Curated by Geri Olson and Sherri Morgan. The dolls, from 6 inches to 4 feet high, are created from a wide range of media, including metal, porcelain, polymer, wire, paper, cloth, wood and combinations of innovative materials. Some were several years in the making.
Opening artists reception July 23, 5 pm.
Exhibit events include:
- “Three Muses: Elinor Peace Bailey, Barbara Willis, Anne Klocko” from noon to 1 p.m. Aug. 13, followed by an indoor and outdoor trunk show.
- Curator tour with Sherri Morgan and Geri Olson at 7 p.m. Aug. 19.
- Stephanie Blythe, “The Dolls of NIADA (National Institute of American Doll Artists)” at noon Aug. 27.
- Performance with Sha Sha Higby at 8 p.m. Sept. 9 at St. John Episcopal Church, 40 Fifth St., Petaluma.
- Toby Froud Rod Puppet Workshop, July 23 – 24, 2016, 9am-5pm
- Fabric Doll Workshop with Christine Shively, August 20 – 21, 2016, 9am – 4:30pm
- The Sculptural Character with Kate Church, September 23 – 25, 2016, 9am-5pm.
Gallery hours: Thurs-Mon, 11am-5pm; closed Tues, Wed and holidays.
Admission to the Petaluma Arts Center is $5 general; $4 senior, student, teacher, military.
Petaluma Arts Center
230 Lakeville Street
Petaluma, CA, 94952
find out more
An article about the exhibition written by The Press Democrat.
This information is offered as a service to the community of miniature enthusiasts. If you know of a miniature related event or have information/photos to share, please contact the N.A.M.E. N2 Region Webmaster.