There are many NAME members who do not have access to a club nearby or cannot travel to share their love of miniatures. For that reason, the Mini Cyber Club was created. It’s an online club with is own website and a chatroom. A full team of organizers laid out a plan to include lots of activities like any other club.
The club’s digital doors are open to NAME members and guests. The guests have a 90-day grace period to join NAME and participate in the NAME sponsored activities like NAME Day, houseparties, conventions, Hallmark contests, etc.
Free seminars and workshops are planned for the club (like any other club) and quarterly live meetings will help the members get to know each other. The team that manages the club is made up of seasoned veterans of NAME. For a list of the team members, visit the club website.
You may join the website and Yahoo group here. Fill in the form and submit it. In a day or so, you will be invited to join the group and be given a link. Be sure to use that link right away so the the invitation does not expire.
So far, the club has had an auction, two free seminars (one on making mods and one on using the molds to make the parts) with more to come. See the current activities.
Some of the activities planned for Fall and Early Winter 2017:
- Sept. 1-24, 2017 Fall theme free project
- Oct. 21, 2017 NAME Day on the web, including a live demo on how to assemble the NAME Day kit
- Oct. 28, 2017 Seminar on working with clay (optional project to follow)
- Nov. 1-10, 2017 1/4″ workshop, “A room for the holidays”
- Nov. 18, 2017 Meet the pros in the chat room for Q and A
- Dec. 9-10, 2017 Holiday party with optional gift exchange
This information is offered as a service to the community of miniature enthusiasts. If you know of a miniature related event or have information/photos to share, please contact the N.A.M.E. N2 Region Webmaster.